GUIDELINES FOR RECORDING
- Record Landscape (Horizontally)
- Be mindful of your background. Limit clutter to reduce background distractions.
- Record inside your home without background noise (avoid television, microwave timers, distant talking, smoke detector etc)
- Record VIDEO using your cellphone. Use wireless headphones and your tablet for your in ear track. Your cell phone camera quality in general will be better. If not using wireless headphones use your cellphone for your music track and tablet for video.
- Be sure to clean your cell phone lens of oils, fingerprints, and smudges.
- Consider your lighting. Make sure your greatest light source is in front of you. Avoid becoming a silhouette.
- Your shot will be a standing head to waist or a seated head to mid chest.(Pictures below)
- Sing to the tracks provided.
- You must sing the selection completely through and only submit ONE VIDEO. We cannot use the verse from one video and the chorus from another.
- Be mindful of your facial expressions throughout the entire selection. You could potentially be on screen the entire time even when you are not singing.
GUIDELINES FOR AUDIO RECORDING
- When using an earbud based mic keep the microphone away from mouth.
- When using speakerphone mic stand 2-3 feet away from mic for vocal clarity.
- Avoid rooms with echo. Preferred areas to record in are bedrooms.To test, clap do you hear an echo?
- Avoid areas with high ambient volume. (Eg. Windows, lawnmowers, or kids at play bleeding into your recording.)
- Remain silent when not singing including your clothes.